This MOSS 2007 web part displays pictures, optionally animated with jQueryNotes
- As this web parts inherit from the Content by Query Web Part (CQWP), pictures can be filtered and sorted.
- jQuery animation is optional (doesn't perform well on IE for large images)
- Thumbnails size is personalizable
- Users can download pictures by cliking on their titles
- When clicking on an thumbnail, the picture is displayed in full size, using a jQuery animation
- Advanced MOSS users with xslt/jQuery knowledge can download the source package and integrate xslt/js/css files into their site using SharePoint Designer. Some minimal manual edits are required, but you can obtain the same result without having to deploy the wsp package.
- Tested with jQuery v1.3.2, on Internet Explorer and Firefox
- MOSS 2007 standard or entreprise edition
- jQuery script must be registered in all pages that use this webpart (the package contains an optional feature that adds jquery to the master page)
- Deploy the jquerypictureviewer.wsp package on your farm
- Log on to one of the servers of the farm, and open a command line window
- stsadm -o addsolution -filename C:\SomeDirectory\jquerypictureviewer.wsp
- stsadm -o deploysolution -name jquerypictureviewer.wsp -allowgacdeployment -immediate -url http://mywebapplication
- Register jQuery script in the master page of your site collection. Either do this manually with SharePoint Designer, or use the dedicated feature included in the package (this require the master page to have a delegate control with ControlId="AdditionalPageHead". for example : <SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="AdditionalPageHead" AllowMultipleControls="true"/>).
- Activate the jQuery Picture Viewer Web Part feature (site collection scope)
- Upload some pictures in a picture library
- Edit a page and add the jQueryPictureViewer web part in a web part zone
- Edit the web part (with the link titled "Modify shared web part")
- In the "Query" section, select the 3rd option and select the target picture library list